Saturday, October 31, 2009

Feelilng Better

So here's the short of it,
I'm growing stronger and feeling better. 


And here's the long

Today has been a relatively good day.  I'm getting stronger, my diarrhea is abating, and I'm able to eat and drink most anything I want.  My taste is still pretty off, but it's coming back bit by bit.  I'm really appreciative to Sally for the advice about Life Water.  I really needed an alternative to unsweetened tea!  I still can't really drink water like I used to. But now that I'm finished with my Chemo, I'm looking forward to my taste for water returning!

I'm taking Zertec over the counter and my cough is much better today although certainly not gone.  My feet are not any better.  I am grateful for sure that my fingers and hands are not as bad as my feet.  Today Alan and I were working on Mom's kitchen cabinet and one of my jobs was to hand Alan the screws since he was up on the ladder.  (My feet would never have worked balancing on that ladder!) Anyway, I had trouble just reaching into the baggie and taking out two screws because my fingers are so bummed up with this neuropathy.  I'm also not able to go barefoot at all as much as I love it.  Today I stepped on a sharp pebble and hardly felt it.  I think it would be way too dangerous for me to be barefoot especially with my platelets so low. 

Tonight was Halloween. Early in the evening before the Trick or Treating started, a couple of Sophie's playmate neighbor dogs were out in costume! We had a cute (really big)  turtle, and a really cute miniature daschund dressed up as a hot dog!  We had over 100 really cute Trick or Treaters. This was Sophie's first Halloween and she worked really hard!  She let me know every single time someone was coming to the door with a low woof-woof, not really even a bark.  She is so timid about new things; I'm sure she didn't know what to make of the wierd looking creatures coming to the door. Our own neighborhood kids sure were dressed up cute.  I always enjoy seeing the kids. We called it quits at 9:00 and shut down the lights and it was just in time - the candy was about to run out!

I feel so good that I'm actually having to remind myself that my blood counts are still really low and I can't just go out and do normal things.  I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and try to have a relaxing day.  Liga already did the grocery shopping for us, so I don't have anything pressing to do.  I'll plan to putter around the house if I have energy, but I'm planning to work next week so I'm going to make sure not to wear myself out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment