Sunday, October 18, 2009

So here's the short of it,
Just pondering a few things. 

And here's the long

Today Alan and I celebrate our 22nd anniversary.  I can hardly believe it's been that long.  We had a nice dinner out last night, and maybe we'll do something later on after my treatments are over and I'm feeling a little better.  I've had a pretty good weekend, but I'm still struggling with this cough.  Septra, Musinex, Robitussin, and cough drops are helping some.  I'm still having times when I just feel like I can't quit coughing!

One of my friends who had breast cancer a few years ago, came back to work for Hamilton County last year.  She's been struggling with illness ever since she came back into the schools were there are so many germs.  So she has decided to retire.  I'm really happy for her that she is in a place in her life where that's possible for her.  It also makes me a bit worried about being able to go back to work - but then, there are so many women in our system who have been through this battle and are back at work and seem strong and able.  I believe I will be counted in that number!

We are on fall break this week, but I'm going to work for a couple of days.  It will give me a chance to maybe do some catch up! Then if all goes well, I should have my last treatment on Wednesday.  Alan says he doesn't think I'll have my treatment.  He is telling me I'll probably have to have another transfusion.  I think he's just trying to keep my expectations in line.

My two brothers, Russ and Steve with his wife Pat, are coming in on Thursday to check in and take care of some of the business end of things. I'm disappointed to think that I might not feel well enough to spend time with them while they're here.  But here I go again doing what one of my friends calls "future tripping" .  I don't know if I'll have a treatment or not and I don't know how I'll feel, and I can just live the next two days and wait to see what Wednesday brings and deal with it then.

I was reading through some of the notepads that Dad left behind a little while ago. He wrote a piece on the 62nd anniversary of his father's death.  I never got to know him; he died in a coal mining accident when Dad was just 15.  Dad ended that piece by saying "I still miss him."

I am missing my Dad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment