Monday, October 19, 2009

So here's the short of it,
Still coughing.

And here's the long

I was planning to work today, but when I got up and tried to get started, I was pretty nauseous.  I was taken by surprise because I'm nearly four weeks out from my last treatment and really shouldn't be feeling any nausea. Anyway, I took some nausea medicine and by lunchtime I was pretty much over the nausea, but since it's fall break, I decided to spend the rest of the day napping.  So I've really had quite a low and slow day.  I do plan to go to work tomorrow!

I'm very frustrated that my treatment is making it so hard for me to do the things I want to do.  I think I'm accustomed to pushing myself physically and being able to recover pretty quickly. I've been sick a couple of times in my life, that were harsh and lingering, but I've never experienced anything that has sapped both my energy and just my desire to try to overcome the feeling bad.

I'm having a hard time understanding this cough.  I'm taking Septra; I dose up on Mucinex every 12 hours; and I've constantly got a cough drop in my mouth.  Most of the day I only cough a little bit, but toward the end of the 12 hour cycle, I just start coughing and can hardly stop.  It feels pretty awful. Liga said a little while ago, "Mom, you really should do something about that cough"!  Right, I know sweetie; I know.

I'm sitting here looking at my bouquet of pink roses that Alan got for our anniversary.  He said that he thought that pink roses were especially appropriate this year.  They are really pretty.  They are also way up high so that our Big Puppy, Sophie can't get to them.  She's not quite 6 months old, and she already weighs about 45 pounds.  She is such a sweet dog, but still has those wild puppy moments! 

Here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Lynn, you are at the finish line! I ate spinach, lots of it, and pounds of red meat...especially just before bloodwork so they wouldn't say "No, not today dear.." It worked all but one time, and I ended up in the hospital with a 0 count on WBC... Oh well, then they decided that I needed THE SHOT..It would have been nice, and less costly emotionally, if "they" had remembered to give me that darned shot the day after chemo. It was in my chart to be done, but they didn't tell me about it! I love my doc, but his nurse is a piece of work... If I never see her again my life will be good. Sympathy to you on your loss, this is a tough time to deal with losing a parent, not that any time is good. Keep walking those stairs and drinking that water!

    Sally E.

    ReplyDelete