Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Still coughing

So here's the short of it,
I still have this yucky cough.

And here's the long

I'm still coughing and I have had two rounds of pretty big antibiotics.  So, tomorrow when I go in for my Herceptin treatment I'll ask for advice. Right now I've been taking Robitussin DM, and it helps some. The cough is making my chest hurt in the area just to the left of my port.  I'll ask them about that as well. 

I keep thinking that I'm coming up on my very last Carboplatin and Abraxane treatment.  If my blood counts hold, I should have that a week from tomorrow!  I believe that the Abraxane has been a little easier to handle than the Taxotere was - but the cough has been a concern.  I'm not sure it has anything to do with the medications, just probably my weakened immune system.

Elizabeth and Elijah are here visiting with Mom.  They are working on a really cute fish quilt for Elijah - it's a stylized fish pattern and the colors Elizabeth chose are really nice. It looks something like the illustration on the right - .   I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

The childproofing that Russ and Alan worked on before E & E got here is working out great.  He can't get out of the doors and the cabinets are childproofed.  Elizabeth is helping Mom put things away that are enticing but not appropriate for Elijah.  We are hoping that Valdis can get her VCR working so that Elijah can have some entertainment. 

Another day is gone. I've had several people who have lost a parent say they think about that person every day even years after.  I hope that will be true for me.  I hope that not a day goes by for the rest of my life that I don't have at least one really happy memory of Dad.

1 comment:

  1. It's true Lynn----I think about my Mom and Dad every day and it was 1995 when Dad died---mom in 2005---good to remember---I found your blog online after reading in the Middlesboro Daily aobut your Dad's passing. I have become interested because my sister went through breast cancer 6 years ago, and had a double mastectomy----did the chemo and all the stuff you are doing----and she is cancer free and healthy today. There seem to be a lot of women that went to high school who have had it---wonder if there is any correlation, or if it is a bigger sisterhood????? Anyway, just think of me as someone who knew you and your brothers way back when, and who is one of those anonymous people who sends you prayers and strength.

    ReplyDelete