Saturday, October 24, 2009

Feeling Better - Relatively

So here's the short of it,
This has been a better day three.

And here's the long

Today has been a better day for sure even though I did stay in bed all morning and up into the afternoon. I still have the unrelenting diarrhea, but at least I've had time to get to the bathroom today -even as slowly as I'm moving.  A newer symptom I'm having is an achy feeling like down in my bones.  The Abraxane is can cause aching muscles and joints, so maybe that's it. 

Russ, Steve and Pat, Alan, and Mom went to lunch at Applebees today, and when Alan called to see what I wanted, I had him bring mashed potatoes.  It seems that's always safe.  That's the first solid food I've had since yesterday's potatoes and cornbread.  Later in the day he made a trip to Starbucks and brought me a chai tea latte.   I've really got to work on getting more liquids in!  I can tell from the small amount of urine I'm producing that I'm not drinking enough.  Every time I'm out of bed, I'm trying to drink a glass of diluted juice or tea.  It just doesn't seem to be enough.  One of my chemo sisters suggested Life Water in a post comment. I've got that on the grocery list and will try that tomorrow.

Tonight, Alan drove me down to Mom's (in my pajamas) and I had dinner with the whole crew - Mom's cornbread with soup broth and some potatoes and carrots from the soup and unsweetened tea.  Then I sat there at the table and visited with everyone. I started having one of the hot flashes that come and go with the chills and took my toboggan off, and began fanning myself.  Russ, got up and grabbed some ice from a cup and rubbed it all over my head.  I may try that again sometime!  The visit sure was nice and we got a couple of business things discussed, but I am really tired! When I got home, I sat down in the recliner.  It seems to take some of the pressure off the spots which become so tender when I've been abed for so long!  I'll try to stay here for a bit longer even though sleep is beckoning. 

Day three has been the worst day in the past, but it hasn't been so today.  I'm not going to claim any turning of corners and all that, because I know full well that tomorrow could be different. I will take this fairly good day for what it is - a fairly good day - and worry about tomorrow when it comes.

This is totally off topic, but my Uncle Bob sent me a great video clip today of a nature film which captures one of those moments in nature that may be difficult to watch.  It's a cougar and a bear -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment