Friday, October 30, 2009

Car, Feet, Cough

So here's the short of it,
Alan has a new car, my feet are still yucky, and my cough has returned. 

And here's the long

I had a pretty good day today.  First of all, I allowed myself to just sleep until I naturally woke up.  I have a dim memory of Alan telling me he was leaving sometime in the AM, but I went right back to sleep.  By the time I woke up the morning was half over!  Alan had gone to make the deal on the blue car. 


A bit of back story is important here.  Last weekend when Alan and my brothers took Mom down to B&F to look for a car, they saw a blue convertible.  Since I've known Alan, he's always admired convertibles.  This just seemed like the right time, the right car, the right price.   So I've been encouraging him since last weekend to go test drive it and think about getting it.

It's a great car.  It's got really zippy pick up.  I enjoyed riding in it, and bet I'll like driving it too.  So maybe I'll be going to my next doctor's appointment in a convertible.

Alan took me for a drive this afternoon with the top down; it'll be really nice to drive with the top down when the weather's nice.




My feet and hands are about the same - if anything, they may be a little worse.  I've upped my medicine, but don't see a difference.  Tonight they feel like I've been out in the cold and my feet have gotten so cold I can't feel them any more, and then I've come in and they've started to thaw out.  It's uncomfortable.  I'm taking ibuprofen as well as generic Elavil.  If the Elavil doesn't help, I think they can try Neurontin.  I'm uncomfortable enough that I will press on this.  I'm also worried enough that it doesn't seem to be getting any better.  As I tried to read about it, it seems that even though it's a pretty common side effect the actual way people experience it greatly varies.  It actually seems that I'm having a range of symptoms.  Sometimes it's pretty bad, sometimes I can kind of ignore it. And from day to day or even hour to hour it feels different.

My cough came back this evening.  I've not coughed much this week, and suddenly this evening it started back.  I'll dose myself up good with cough medicine before I go to bed tonight and hopefully, I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment