Monday, October 5, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I have some bug...

And here's the long

I finished a round of zithromax this past Tuesday.  On Wednesday, I was still coughing and so I got started on a round of Levaquin.   I am still coughing and am very tired.  I really need to go to work, but my white counts are so low.   I made a comment at dinner that I really needed to go in to work and Alan really fussed at me about not going out and jeopardizing myself on top of what I've apparently already got!

Today I mostly rested and did just a bit of work from home.  I really didn't do anything at all around the house. Some of Mom's PEO sisters brought in dinner to her house, so Alan and I went there for dinner.  Elizabeth and Elijah are here to visit her for a few days.  I know she will enjoy having them. 

There is a quietness about Mom's house now, and she is moving through the things that have to be done.  She is an inspiration.  She is not afraid of her sadness or her anger and frustration about the surgery gone so terribly wrong.  She is moving through all of that and little thing by little thing, redefining her life in these very small ways.

I am so tired.  I've got one more chemo treatment left!  Week after next if my blood counts are good.
I am so thankful it's almost done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment