Monday, October 12, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I am sick tonight! 

And here's the long

Well, I slept in a bit this morning and woke with no fever.  I was having more nausea than normal, but taking my time with crackers and some unsweetened tea and nausea medicine, I got it under control - so I decided to go to work.   I hadn't been there long til I started feeling feverish.  So I went down to the school nurse's office - I think it's fabulous that my office is in the same building as the head of school nursing! Anyway, they took my temp and it was just low grade - 99.  Actually like lots of people (including my Dad)  I run a little low usually.  Anyway, I stayed on and got in a half day work. 

This evening, Mom and I went over to have dinner with Mommy Anne.  If I have my treatment on Wednesday, it will be at least 2 or 3 weeks before I'm able to see her, so I wanted to be sure that I got a chance to see her.  We had a nice dinner and a lovely visit.  I started feeling a bit feverish so right after dinner so Mom and I left.  We asked Mommy Anne if she'd like us to walk upstairs with her, and she said "No, I'll just stay down here and visit for awhile!"  I was so pleased. 

Anyway when I got home I took my temp....nothing.  But 20 minutes later, I'm thinking something is wrong, I have burning eyes, burning urine, chills - temperature check again and I have 100.5.  I'm supposed to get in touch with my Doctor if it gets to 101.5.  Hopefully that won't happen. 

I'm eager to get to the office tomorrow even if it's for just a half an hour.  I can't access all the bells and whistles of my e-mail on the Outlook Web Access (owa) for those of you who work with me!  And I have a couple of things that I don't want to wait the week or two until I'm feeling better if I have my treatment on Wednesday! Stuff that impacts kids! So we'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I'm going to take my PM meds in 30 minutes (have to watch the timing) and then go on to bed.   Maybe a good night's sleep will do a small miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment