Thursday, October 1, 2009

So here's the short of it,
Today we buried my Dad. 

And here's the long

This is the most difficult passage I have faced so far in my life.  I really know that I don't know how to live a life without my Dad.  I also know that I will grow into the the ability to do that.  I know that my relationship with my Mother will also change - and that is also uncharted territory.  When I began this blog, I chose a poem that I thought would see me through my cancer treatments.  I think I have to trust that in this passage too, I don't have to know the way; I can step out into the darkness with my hand in the hand of God and that will be safer than a known way.


And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year;
Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown!
And he replied: Go out into the darkness! and put thine hand into the hand of God.
That shall be for thee better than light, and safer than a known way.

-Minnie Louise Haskins

No comments:

Post a Comment