Saturday, October 3, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I had a very long nap today.  

And here's the long

 I suppose I just didn't realize how absolutely tired I really was.  I spent a bit of time visiting with Greg and Russ this morning before they drove over to Nashville for Greg's flight.  Early this afternoon I thought I'd just have a nice little nap.  I slept all afternoon!  I didn't even have to get up for the dreaded diarrhea.

I've wondered how that all works.  Diarrhea has been such a constant companion during my post treatment weeks.  I didn't even think about how I was going to make it through the visitation and the funeral, but I just didn't have any at all.  The very next day (yesterday) it was right back again!

I'm glad I have another day tomorrow to just stretch out and rest and relax.  I've gotten lots of comments that my color is lots better.  That, I'm sure, is from the blood transfusion.  I don't really notice so much difference, but that may be just because of my mental state the last week.

Mom seems to be doing well.  She is enormously sad, but she is such a strong woman.  She has talked about needing to find her new reality - she will do that.  We'll all find our new reality. She has always had lots of friends and loves to participate in activities with the church and the women's groups she's belonged to. She will be a great example for us all about how to do this next stage of life.

Today, I am feeling so grateful that Mom pushed for the move to Chattanooga six years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment