Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Feet and Birthdays!

So here's the short of it,
I am preoccupied by my feet, and it's Liga's birthday! 

And here's the long

I guess I wore myself out yesterday!  I had such a hard time getting started this morning.  Of course, a part of that is that in the middle of the night, Sophie started her low woof-woof, that lets you know that she is aware of something.  She thought there was something outside.  I investigated (without really going out the door) and never did see anything.  I'm thinking it might have been the orange tomcat that started thinking he owned our back yard after Suni first died and we didn't have a dog!  Anyway, she was very agitated for about an hour. 

The other thing that kept me up was my feet hurting most of the night.  Pain killers don't really touch this feeling and it's much worse at night when there's nothing else going on in my brain and I'm trying to relax.  During the day I sometimes forget how  bad they are.  Two times today on stairs, I almost lost my balance.  Once coming up our front steps here at home, and the other time going down the steps at work. Other times I'm really aware of how bad they are because I have either tingling sensations or stabbing pain. 

I'm eager for my Herceptin tomorrow afternoon,  I'll get my blood counts which will let me know how much I have to stay isolated, and I can talk about whether or not I can do anything more about my feet and hands.  I don't think my feet are any worse, but my hands sometimes definitely feel like they are getting a little worse - especially my thumbs and little fingers. 

Most importantly in all this is that today is Liga's 22nd birthday!  We took her to lunch and had a really nice time.  She says that it seems like 22 is a whole lot older than 21.  I think I remember feeling that way too - but it's been so many years ago...maybe I'm just making it up because it sounds right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment