Friday, November 20, 2009

More about Sophie and Lola

So here's the short of it,
I am so tired - I feel so lucky to have Sophie girl and her kitty sister Lola. 

And here's the long

Today was another pretty long day at work.  I think maybe I'm not quite as tired today as I have been.  But that's relative - I'm still awfully tired.  I'm going to sleep forever tomorrow.  I know that really messes with getting my days and nights straightened out, but getting up in the mornings has always been hard for me - now it's just such a struggle. So tomorrow will be a gift.  At some point in the morning, Sophie will try to pull me out of bed to feed her some breakfast and I'll just get up.  But it won't be getting up in time to get to work. So that's such a good feeling.

Sophie got her stitches out from her spaying tonight.  Dr. Carter is our neighbor, so he and his wife came over and took the stitches out.  I am so looking forward to getting her out tomorrow and just letting her run all over the circle...here's hoping Charlie or Cutie Pie or Abbie (her best dog friends) are out for her to romp with. It has been so hard to try to keep her from exerting herself too much.  She was ready to run and romp the day after her surgery! Dr. Carter also gave us a couple of pointers on her mouthing behavior - so we'll work on getting those implemented.  She stole some more brownies tonight!  Liga made some to take to work since this is the last day of work for one of her co-workers.  She had the pan up on top of the coffee maker, and somehow Sophie got it down and helped herself to some of them.  Dr. Carter eased our minds since they were made with milk chocolate, he said she would probably be fine. Apparently the darker the chocolate the more dangerous it is for dogs.  We are just not used to having a dog who is big enough to really counter surf!  We are all going to have to change our ways! These incidents are when Alan says her name is not Sophie May, it's Sophie May Not.

Lola is really beginning to get used to having this big dog around.  She does not let Sophie intimidate her at all. As a matter of fact, I've seen her actually tease Sophie from time to time.  She is very careful though not to let Sophie get her cornered.  Sometimes she will jump up on the back of the recliner and get under the afghan.  From that vantage point she can see out to see what Sophie's doing and she thinks she's hidden!  She's such a sweet kitty.  The two of them really lift my spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment