Thursday, November 12, 2009

Neuropathy report, and a bad, bad puppy

So here's the short of it,
I'm still so tired, my feet and hands are about the same, and our big puppy did a bad thing.  

And here's the long

I am still pretty tired.  Oh, I am so eager to have this weariness lift.  I just don't have much energy at all!  I worked today, but stayed right at the office except to run out to get a quick sandwich to bring back.  I'll have to say that I'm also very eager to feel like I can be in school buidlings and not worry about catching some awful bug.  

My feet are about the same, except I'm having a bit more of that sharp shooting pain this evening.  Today at the office I wore these beautiful smartwool socks that one of my chemo sisters sent to me.  They are a kind of Norwegian pattern and have stripes on them in one spot and, as she said, match the chemo lines on my fingernails!  Anyway between my smartwool socks and my little ceramic heater my feet felt much better today.  It's still hard to walk when I take the first few steps, but it gets a little easier.  I still feel off balance sometimes too.  Today my Uncle sent me a reminder about the old timey remedy of Vicks VaporRub on the feet.  I'm going to do that before I go to bed tonight and see if it makes a difference.  I guess it will be the weekend before I get the B6, but I'm going to start that right away too.  I'm NOT going to try the magnesium just yet... twice today I've unexpectedly had to  make a run to the bathroom so I don't want anything to make that worse!

I tried the MD Anderson mouthwash on those sore places on my fingers.  I can't tell yet if it's doing any good, I'll try it a couple more days and see if it helps. The one place on my index finger is pretty sore.  And when I'm using the keyboard, it's pretty noticable. The neuropathy in my fingers still makes me pretty clumsy. 

This evening when I got home I made a bad pup discovery.  Liga had made brownies the other day and put some away in a plastic container for a friend.  Valdis was annoying her and took one, and in the whole scene that followed, the container got put close to the front of the kitchen counter.  So sometime in the afternoon, Sophie did some counter surfing and ended up with the brownies.  She chewed through the plastic container - maybe ate some of it - and then ate the four brownies! Bad Sophie! As soon as I figured it out I called the vet.  We decided to just try to treat her at home since it sounded like a trip to have her treated at the vet might cost a couple of day's wages!  So I fed her two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to try and make her vomit.  It didn't work.  She was very hyperactive for a couple of hours.  Now she's more relaxed and is sleeping.  I hope she's OK!  I'll report on her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment