Monday, November 2, 2009

It feels good to be working

So here's the short of it,
I'm feeling better and working!

And here's the long

Today I worked all day!  I got out of bed by 6:30 this morning.  It has probably been since May that I've gotten up that early, unless it was to stagger to the bathroom and back to the bed.  I've never been a morning person, but I was able to be at a the office in time for an early meeting, then out to an elementary school for a meeting, then to my office for the rest of the day. It felt really good to put in a full day of work!   I'm planning to do that again tomorrow. 

Alan is cautioning me to be careful as my blood counts are still very low, but I feel so much better than I have in months and I guess that "cabin fever" is really setting in.  I am very hopeful that my strength will return pretty quickly.  I really want to be in a place with my health that I can get back into schools.   Today two of the women in my first morning meeting were both colleagues who have been through breast cancer treatment.  Both of them told me that for them radiation made them exceptionally tired, but that there weren't debilitating side effects.  Perhaps that will be my experience as well! 

My Native American friend is going to burn a sage smudge for me in a day or two.   I'm so grateful that I have friends from so many different faith backgrounds who are offering prayers for me in so many different ways to the God of us all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment