Sunday, November 8, 2009

So here's the short of it
 I'm quite tired and my feet are numb or tingling.
We enjoyed a brief visit from my brother Russ and Tina.   

And here's the long

Today has been about the same as the last few. My feet may be getting a little better, especially my left one.  It's more tingly than numb today and I feel like I have a bit of feeling in it.  My right foot is tingly sometimes too or has shooting pains,  but more often than not it's just numb.  I've had a couple of times today when I've sort of lost balance a bit.  It's such an odd feeling to be just standing or walking and kind of lose balance.  I haven't fallen, but I can definitely understand Lori (my oncology nurse) telling me to be very careful not to fall.

Russ and Tina came up to Atlanta to take care of some house business and came on up to Chattanooga for a brief visit with Mom.  They had intended to stay overnight with her, but Hurricane Ida is making its way for the Gulf Coast so Russ made his way back to be on hand for business.  He took the time to look over some of the things that have come in over the last few weeks regarding finances and I'm sure that was a real comfort to Mom.  Tina stayed for a little longer visit with Mom and then headed back to Atlanta with that big dog Luke!  It was really nice to see them even if only for a bit.  Russ brought me a little ceramic heater that he had because I've complained about my cold feet several times on the blog.  It will be nice to warm them up in the evening!  It does seem to be a part of the neuropathy that my feet and fingers are cold. 

My tiredness is overwhelming!  I know that I will grow stronger every day, and I'm eager to have more energy. I also know that once I start radiation treatments they can possibly make me tired.  I imagine that I'll have to get my port fixed before radiation can start, and I know all my blood counts have to come up.  Tomorrow I have a consultation with my Radiation Oncologist, so I'll have much more definitive information to share on tomorrow's post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment