Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I had a relaxing morning  and a treatment this afternoon.  
Neuropathy and no hair continue.  

And here's the long

Today we had a lovely brunch at cousin Mia's with Shelley and Lou and Max.  It was a nice relaxing time.  Mia made three different kinds of quiche.  Everyone was raving over the spinach and mushroom one, but the way my taster is these days, my favorite one was made with ricotta and goat cheese with red peppers and tomatoes.  It was really nice.  

This afternoon I had a Herceptin treatment.  My red counts are very slowly creeping upwards.  I had another shot of Procrit, but right now no transfusion. Thanks to everyone who sent up prayers, meditated, crossed fingers or other methods of support!  I wonder what will happen with my radiation on Monday.  Dr. Gefter has told me that he won't start radiation until my counts are up a bit.  I'll just have to wait - so I'll thnk about that on Monday.


My neuropathy is still about the same.  Not being able to be sure of my feet causes me to walk slowly and to sometimes lose my balance.  I haven't fallen yet but I have to be pretty careful.  My right foot continues to be much worse than my left.  I've discovered that having my feet cold makes the neuropathy more pronounced. Mom got me these great socks to wear around the house at night.  I actually go to bed with them on my feet and a toboggan on my head.  Sometime in the middle of the night they come off.  Keeping my feet and head warm makes me much more comfortable.

I'm thinking I'm at the turning point now.  The other day Liga was in the car with me and the sunlight was hitting me just a certain way and she gasped and said, "Mom, what happened to your eyebrows!"  Well, they aren't completely gone, but they are sure barely there - and the same is true of my eyelashes.  So I'm thinking as far out as I am from my last chemo, it may be about time for hair to quit falling out, blood counts to quit dropping, and more energy to return.  I'm also really eager for my taste to return! 

No comments:

Post a Comment