Sunday, November 15, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I've had a good weekend and look forward to the week to come.

And here's the long

Today has been a pretty busy day.  I got up fairly early because I will need to get up early tomorrow for work. And I did not let myself have a nap so maybe I'll be sleepy at a decent time tonight.  The tiredness and sleepiness don't seem to be related at all.  I had a late breakfast with a dear friend, and that started me off in a good way. I am eager to feel well enough to just have what used to be a normal running errands, grocery shopping, going out to eat, cleaning up the house weekend!

A day or two ago Sophie chewed on Alan's phone.  It was an AT&T   8525 - a horrible phone with horrible service.  We both got one thinking we were getting great phones.  Oh well they were NOT. Last April I accidently shut mine in the car door.   It was in a coat pocket -- anyway I graduated to an iPhone, which I have loved.  Today Alan traded his 8525 for an iPhone.  I hope he enjoys it even half as much as I  have mine! 
We also had a short visit with Mommy Anne this afternoon.  She had not gotten dressed and gone to lunch.  It seems that she did get dressed and go to dinner this evening.  She always says how much she enjoys living at Elmcroft.  She has certainly seemed much more alert and livelier and engaged since she moved.  She's planning on going to the Thanksgiving dinner at the federation on Tuesday  John will pick her and a couple of other ladies up and take them to the JCC where they will enjoy Turkey and all the fixins'. 

Today Mom brought me the two hanging baskets of pansies that she had made for me.  They have blue, purple, and yellow pansies and are really pretty.  When we get the topsy turvey's down I think that's where they are going to go.  When she got here only Liga was at home and she helped her get them watered and hung up.

I've noticed with the neuropathy in my feet that I have to lean on something to put on my pants.  Now that's annoying!  I want the feeling in my feet back and I want my balance back. Feet and hands are about the same.  No improvement not really much change since my last report - I'm still having shooting pains.  So far they are occuring only in the parts of my feet that are numb - and that's a much larger area on my right foot than on my left.  One of my chemo sisters described the feeling as having blocks of wood for feet.  That's a pretty accurate description I'd say!

Sophie had another chocolate incident.  Liga made chocolate chip cookies for a young man she is dating, and she took the pans out of the oven, put them on the stove top to cool and left the kitchen.  By the time she got back, Sophie had made short work of four cookies - chocolate chips and all.  We've never really had a dog big enough to counter surf like this before, so we are going to have to adjust our kitchen behavior!  You would never know from her antics that she's just a few days out from being spayed.  I can't wait until we get her stitches out and can take her out to let her play with her friends.  Dr. Carter did the surgery and said that he'd just bring the stitch cutting scissors home and take them out here instead of having us bring her all the way out to the clinic.  So we have until Friday to keep her entertained and as calm as we can manage.

Well right now, I'm sitting in the den.  Sophie had a wild puppy fit just a little while ago and was jumping all over the furniture and Liga and me.  Now I'm sitting here with Sophie pooped out and napping on the cool tile floor, Liga snoozing on the sofa with her NFL football game on and Alan already tucked in for the evening.  It's quiet and lovely.  It's nice to just pause at times like this and think about how grateful I am for all the good things in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment