Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Break!

So here's the short of it,
Thanksgiving break is here, and Max and his Mommy and Daddy are in town.


And here's the long

Today was the last day of work before the  Thanksgiving Break.  I actually had a really good day and was back in a school building again!  I really like beginning to do some of my more normal activities.

My neuropathy seems to be about the same.  When I'm working at my desk I can turn on the little heater that Russ brought me and it seems to help my feet some.  And of course, when I fall asleep it doesn't bother me at all! My fingers don't really bother me - it's just that I don't have any dexterity.  


This evening Shelley, Lou, and Max got here after a flight delay at their layover, but we went over for a brief visit before Max went off to sleep.  I'll swear, when they were handing out handsome, that little boy got in the line twice!  He is really beautiful. 

Tomorrow morning we are going to spend some time with Mia, Dad's first cousin.  And I have a Herceptin treatment in the early afternoon.  I will also get a blood count report.  Last week Dr. Schlabach came in to visit with me and let me know that if my blood counts don't come up I'll need to have a transfusion.  So here's a request for lots of prayers and good thoughts that my blood counts will be up tomorrow.

I'm so glad to have some time off! Tomorrow will be a sleep in day.  I know, I know, I can just hear some of you saying that won't help me get my days and nights straightened out.  I do need to do that, but I'll work on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment