Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hand and Feet Cramps

So here's the short of it,
My hands are cramping and today my feet started as well.

And here's the long

I've been having cramps in both of my hands for several weeks now - Lori says that this is a complaint from some people on Herceptin. It' s a funny cramp.   Right at that joint where the Metacarpals and the phalages come together on the little finger, the muscle starts to pull and my hand starts to feel like it's being squeezed.  Then that knuckle contracts like it's being pulled into the one next to it.  I can grab it with my other hand and massage it a bit and that takes care of it.  Sometimes it happens several times in a short period of time.  Today I started having this same kind of cramp in my right foot.  I hate to admit this - but the first one hit while I was driving.  Fortunately it wasn't too bad.  It is a little harder to just "fix it" like my hands because of my shoes being in the way.

I'm so encouraged that I'm feeling stronger and more able to be out and about.  Today I was able to go see our Middle Schoolers who were participating in Canstruction - a pretty cool cooperative competition where a local architecture firm pairs up with a middle school to plan and build a structure completely made from non perishable cans of food.  The structures are judged and after the display period is over, all the food is donated to our local food bank.  For a long time, Chattanooga was the only location of Canstruction that involved students.  In lots of other places it's a pretty cutthroat competition between the architect firms.   I enjoyed talking with the students and watching them work with their mentors.

This evening Mom wanted to take us to dinner,  so Alan and Liga and I joined her. She wanted to go to Chef Lin, a "Chinese" buffet.  Of course we all ate too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment