Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So here's the short of it,
My neuropathy is still bothersome and my nose is less painful.

And here's the long

I think I might be beginning to have some improvement in my feet. I'm not having so much trouble walking as long as the ground is level, although I still have trouble going up and down stairs.  I'm glad most of the places I have to go have elevators or ramps.  I'm negotiating the few steps here at the house without much difficulty.  I do have some shooting pains from time to time, but mostly it's just the tingling feet asleep kind of feeling.  I feel very fortunate that I'm not having much pain, but the tingling is very difficult to live with all the time.  I don't notice any improvement in the feeling, but I'm thinking since my walking is improving that's a good sign.  One thing I've really noticed is that I do better when my feet are warm. 

My nose is still pretty raw.  Today I was in the car headed to an after school faculty meeting and when I parked, I just pulled down the mirror to check my face before I went in.  I don't often do that, and I don't know what made me do it today, but anyway - I had a small nosebleed!   I was glad I looked! The MD Anderson Miracle Mouthwash at least keeps it from being so painful. 

I've got a pretty busy day tomorrow - ending, of course as every Wednesday for many weeks has ended, at the infusion center for my Herceptin.  I have several questions to get answered, so I'm eager for that appointment, and I'm glad I've got lots to do to keep my mind occupied tomorrow before that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment