Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Work and Herceptin

So here's the short of it,
A surprise work day and Herceptin infusion number 32. 

And here's the long

Today didn't go exactly the way I had planned.  I have days like that in this work I do.  There was an emergency with a student in one of our schools, and along with some very professional team members, we hammered out a solution for the situation.  However, by the time it was done, I had very little time to get anything else done.

I made it to the infusion center by 3:30.  That went fine today, although I have to say, I miss the convenience of my port.   My first vein "blew".  It's the one that runs along the inside of my wrist.  It's been a pretty good spot.  Today Lori went in about 2 inches up from my wrist.  It felt funny and it acted funny too.  It gave just a little bit of blood, but then it just stopped.  It wouldn't flow either way,  then it blew!  So I got to have that little butterfly needle in that large vein on the back of my hand.  I didn't even feel it go in but I had to hold my hand perfectly still for the whole time of the infusion - I'm glad it's a short session.

We talked a bit about the Arimidex and whether or not I should have baseline lipid panels done.  I'm to call the office tomorrow and see about whether or not to get that done in the lab there or if I need to go to my primary care physician for that.  My great thanks to one of my breast cancer sisters who let me know that I needed to watch my lipids and liver panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment