Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I have a funny phone story.

And here's the long

Today was a long day, but I feel so much more near normal after having put in a day like I have done many times in the past.  I started at 7:15 this morning with a principal and her faculty study group that is planning on making some changes next year in their service model.  Then I was just in the "flow" and busy all day.  I ended my day at our central office in a good series of meetings with various people working on solutions for several different concerns. I didn't get home until supper time.

Fortunately for me, Mom called late afternoon and asked us to join her for dinner, so when I got home, that was already taken care of!  I went down early to get a visit in and told Alan I'd text or call when supper was nearly ready.   I sent him a text --- no reply.  Sent another - no reply.  So I called - got the voice mail.  Called again - went to voice mail again.  Called the house phone, which is rarely a personal call - straight to the answering machine.  I kept thinking he must be in the bathroom or talking on the phone, or something.  Anyway he got down to Mom's, and everything wasn't cold yet.  I mentioned that I had sent a couple of texts, and he said he was trying to download some software and that was probably why he didn't get the messages.  Anyway about half way through dinner, Liga called twice - our signal that it's really important and "I need to talk" - so I answered.  Liga said, "Mom, why are you asking me to bring the apple pie, do I need to come home and get the pie, and why are you telling me supper is ready. You know I'm at work!"  I had to laugh.  Actually we all got a good laugh out of that.  I had been accidently texting her instead of Alan.  And no, we didn't have the apple pie, because he didn't get the message!

Several people at work told me how good I'm looking.  Of course, that makes me wonder what they meant all those weeks and months ago when they told me I was looking good?  I've got enough hair now that my head isn't cold all the time, so even though my hair is still awfully short and pretty gray, I'm not keeping my head covered all the time.  Only when it's cold.  So yesterday one of my close colleagues was commenting about my hair and measured it for me. It's 1/2" long on top and about 1/4" on the sides.  The hair I lost first is the hair that came in last and is the shortest!  I find that pretty interesting.

Tomorrow is another busy good day with a very slight chance that we might get some snow that could give us a snow day.  I am such a teacher -- wishing harder than the kids that we'll get a snow day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment