Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow and Patience

So here's the short of it,
We have a lovely snow today, and I am trying to practice patience.

And here's the long

The weather forecasters missed the mark in Chattanooga today.  I've heard that Chattanooga is a really hard place to accurately predict weather.  Anyway, the forecast said that the snowy weather would be going south of us and that we'd get rain.  We got snow.  Here's a snow slideshow from around the area! Of course those of you who live a bit further north will get a kick out of how such a little bit of snow really shuts us down.

We already had a half day of school scheduled for today.  So the buses got kids home safe and sound without having to dismiss early, and the system canceled all afternoon and evening activities.  The meetings I had were with principals and teachers, and so I worked a regular day and the roads were still fine as I came home.

Alan's sisters, Pennie and Myra, are here for the long weekend - Mom joined us and we had dinner with Mommy Anne at Elmcroft this evening. 

I'm feeling pretty well, and I'm really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.  I plan to let the alarm clock go off and then shut it off and go back to sleep!  Actually, I've done pretty well this week with getting up and getting to where I need to be.  From time to time, I've been tired.  It's too soon, I know, but I'm impatient about my feet.  I'm wanting to have them better right now!  I think I'm still supposed to be working on patience.  I know I've had the opportunity to learn lots of lessons over the last few months, but time and time again I've had the opportunity to practice patience.  As a teacher, I know that when a student doesn't learn the concept or hasn't perfected the skill, it's important to give them more opportunities to practice.  I think this time around, I've got the message. And I know that if I don't get it yet, there will be plenty more opportunities - truckloads full of opportunities to practice. 

frederatorblogs.com/.../got-patience-680x510.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment