Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I'll be starting a new medicine for my neuropathy, and my coumadin dosage has changed. 


And here's the long

Today  was Herceptin treatment number 34.  That means only 18 more! Today it was a butterfly in the right hand. 

My PT/INR is a little low.  That means my blood is a little thinner than they would like.  I haven't skewed it by eating any Kale this week either!  So now instead of alternating 5 mg one night and 6 the next I'm on 5 mg for two nights and 6 mg one night. So we'll see what next week brings with my blood test.  My red counts and white counts got into the normal range a couple of weeks ago so I don't have the complete blood test on a weekly basis any more. 

I spoke with Lori about my neuropathy, and Alan told her that he thought I was somewhat worse this week.  So anyway, I'm starting neurontin (gabapentin is the generic version) to see if that will help.  It's an anti-seizure drug that's used often for neuropathy.  I'll start it tomorrow.  I have to start it slowly and build up.  It does have some possible side effects  -- and diarrhea is one of them.  Maybe I won't have that.  Lori was very clear that if I experience side effects, I should call her immediately.  I'm really lucky to have such a good oncology nurse.

So I have two charts up in the kitchen so I know what amount of what I need to take each day.  It's pretty confusing, but the charts should keep me straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment