Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reflections

So here's the short of it,
Reflections on snow and losing a father and medication. 

And here's the long

There was no snow sticking (or laying) down here in the valley in the southern part of the county, but I  understand that in the northern part of the county and up on the mountains is was slippery and the mountain schools are running on a snow schedule tomorrow.  OK all my friends and family who live in snowy areas of the world.  We run to the grocery store and buy out the bread and milk just as soon as the first flake falls! By the way, do you say stick or lay.  I grew up saying stick, but I understand that some people especially around here say lay.  

We went to Henry's funeral today - it was such a sobering event.  I'm still so caught in grief for Dad, that the funeral rites went right to my heart.  His children, Jimmy and Sarah are so young.  I think how hard it will be to negotiate those years of young adulthood without a Dad.  I am so glad that my own Dad was there for me for as long as we had.  And I feel so fortunate that we still have Mom here with us.

Tomorrow, is my Herceptin Day - it's treatment number #35.  If my math is right that leaves 17.  Anything less than twenty seems like a short time!  I'm gradually upping the dose of my Neurontin, and I've got a bit of side effects to talk to Lori about before I up the dose tomorrow.  I feel just a little strange.  I know I'll have to do a better description than that to get my point across.  I'll have to be thinking about that tomorrow.  I took Lorazepam again last night - that's two nights in a row.  I'm trying not to take it more than 2 days in a row. It does help me sleep!  That could also have something to do with how I'm feeling as well.

I'm feeling pretty good these last days.  I even cleaned out a couple of kitchen drawers late this afternoon!  Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to feeling like putting in a good work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment