Thursday, February 18, 2010

Massage feels wondeful

So here's the short of it,
Today was a great massage.  My back is so much more relaxed and I'll bet I sleep just great tonight.

And here's the long

Today I went after work for a massage.  I've been going to Kelly at Center Medspa. Her work is really amazing. Like lots of my family I have a real high pain threshold, so I tell her to really work my muscles over.  She works from my head down to the big ligament that runs through my glut - the one that hurts all the time.  Today she worked over my mid back for a long time. She also uses pressure points and works on the muscle.  Today she said she believed me that I have a high pain threshold - she said that lots of people would be off the table from the amount of pressure she was exerting.   In the last fifteen minutes or so, she worked some on my sternum.  She's of the opinion that the surgical work is partly responsible for all the muscle tightness in my back.  Well now that makes sense doesn't it!  I'm going to check in with all my doctors before my next visit to see how careful she needs to be around the radiated tissue and especially the surgical bed.  She says that she can really feel the difference in the radiated tissue! 

I feel so relaxed and at the same time energized after Kelly gets done with me.  

I think that this massage therapy is probably the best thing I've done for myself in a long, long time.  I'm already looking forward to my next time.  In the meantime, I'm going to get out my back stretcher and try to do a few minutes a day on it.  I'm also going to do some stretches every day to try to keep my lower back a little loosened up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment