Friday, February 19, 2010

Work, Neuropathy, and Team Latvia

So here's the short of it,
Today was a good day, but Team Latvia lost the Olympic Latvian Hockey Match against The Chezch Republic. 


And here's the long

I consider today a great day.

I am able to drink coffee again, so when I had to get up at an ungodly hour to get to an early morning meeting, that slug of coffee got me going just fine.  I felt energetic and got lots of good work done.  I felt like I helped to solve several problems and finished the day with a good plan for Monday.

I'm carefully monitoring my feet.  I've been on the Elavil since the neuropathy first started, so I really don't know if I would have had foot pain or not.  I do know that the symptom that started me on the medication was the sudden feeling that my feet were on fire!  I would take off my socks and stand on the cool tile just to get them to stop burning so much.  I seem to remember that I would wake up from sleep and my feet would be burning. It's hard to imagine it because I also have a memory of just falling into a sleep so deep that I hardly woke for any reason. The Elavil put a stop to that burning feeling right away, and so far that hasn't returned.  I just need to stay aware and not let myself get uncomfortable.  If I do start having the burning again, I'll get right back on the Elavil.  My feet have actually not seemed to change very much since I stopped the medicine.  I do have a few more of those twinges.  I hope that's a good sign that the feeling is coming back!

I'm pleasantly tired.  I got a good visit in with Valdis today, and tonight my beautiful Latvian daughter and I are watching Team Latvia play the Czech Republic in the Olympic Hockey Match.  Soon I'll go to sleep and enjoy sleeping in a bit tomorrow. 

In the meantime, go Team Latvia! 

They just lost ...   we are still fans here in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment