Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I have an early morning and I'm looking forward to going to Nashville.

And here's the long

I had a very early meeting planned for this morning far on the other side of the county, but I had an e-mail after I got home last night canceling that meeting, so I didn't have to get up so awfully early.  I was really glad for that, because in the morning I have one of those very early meetings on the other side of the county.  I'll have to get up at the crack.  As my colleague used to say, I should have just gone out there and gotten a hotel room.  When we schedule a before school meeting at a school that begins at 7:15, I have to start mighty early!

Tomorrow we're driving over to Nashville for the conference.  We are only staying one night, so I'm  sure I won't wear myself out!  I can hardly believe I'll be away from home for the night! 


My hair is really getting long.  I'll have to get someone to measure it in the next few days.  I have enough hair that my head's not cold when I'm inside, but the weather is still cold enough that really need to wear a hat when I'm outside. It's still just very, very soft, and not really very thick. I can still see the funny growth pattern.  I keep meaning to have Liga take some pictures, but can never remember. 

Late this afternoon I went with Mom to help her take care of some banking business at two banks.  At each of them, Dad was still listed on the account.  As the employee helped us take care of the transactions, one of the things was to remove Dad from the accounts.  I watched as she wrote, "Customer deceased, please remove from account."   I thought about Dad saying not too long before he went into the hospital that he still missed his Dad. I can hardly get used to Dad not being in the world with us.

1 comment: