Monday, May 24, 2010

cholesterol

So here's the short of it,


And here's the long

Today was the last full day of school for our students.  Schools had all kinds of last day of school activities - everything from 5th grade promotion (we're not supposed to call it graduation any more) to field day, to game day, and of course as always - having the kids help put up and straighten up for the summer so everything will be in its place next fall.  They do come back on Wednesday, but it's just to pick up report cards.

I'm still trying to make sure to get all school reports in before teachers leave for the summer!  I know some of my teachers are having meetings right up until tomorrow and that they would never leave without turning in the log, but others I'm not quite sure of!

I got a call from my primary care Doctor today -  I had a check up the other day and got a cholesterol check.  Of course when Dr. Schlabach put me on Arimidex, we had a conversation about cholesterol. I had them do a pre-test - which was already high!  And my numbers after taking it for awhile have jumped.  I've taken almost all the statins before and had side effects that made me stop taking them.  I'm going to try again.  I'm adding Crestor to the mix this week!  We'll see if it helps. I love it that I found this picture at a site called My Kentucky Heart!

I'm going to keep on walking and hope that I get enough energy back over the weeks to exercise even more. 

Tomorrow I've got meetings starting up at the north end of the county.  I was able to schedule everything in such a way that I go to the furthest point first and then do stops on the way back.  That's great when it can happen that way!

The official last day of school is this Wednesday.  What did we used to say when we were kids.



No more pencils!
No more books!
No more teachers'
dirty looks!

or 
School's out, school's out
Teacher let the monkey's out!


No comments:

Post a Comment