Thursday, May 20, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I'm tired!

And here's the long

Today was a long day and I'm really tired.  But I'm tired, not sleepy.  I went to my primary care doctor this morning and she told me that I could try drinking tonic water at night.  Apparently it still has a bit of quinine in it and that can help with sleep - it can help with the muscle cramps as well.  She also suggested that I try taking magnesium.  I'll get both of those added into my regimen.  I brought the results from my last lab at the oncology doc, and she talked to me a bit about my low vitamin D levels.  It can cause achy bones.  I don't really have that symptom, but she was certainly in agreement about my need for Vitamin D supplement in addition to the multi-vitamin and the Calcium +D.  And anyway, one thing I've figured out is that whatever it is, it's not going to hurt me until it's pretty bad. So just because my bones aren't achy doesn't mean there's not stuff going on in my bones.

Sophie figured out how to get into our little garden space.  It's possible that she wouldn't do anything but my guess is that she would pick the tomatoes as soon as they looked like little balls.  Hank used to do that and he didn't even like them!  So Alan rigged up a temporary lock - it's one of our old crystal doorknobs!  It's pretty funny.

I have so much to do to get school closed out and only have tomorrow and two more days!  I am slammed.  I will get it done, but tomorrow is packed with meetings so I'll do what I can do and then try to let the rest go so that I can enjoy Gaelyn's wedding this weekend.

1 comment: