Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Wedding in the Family

Here's the short of it
We went to a lovely wedding tonight.

And here's the long.

Today we drove with Mom up to Berea, KY. For Gaelyn Rotty's wedding. Gaelyn is my first cousin Marcia Judge's daughter. It was a lovely wedding and we are so glad to be here.




We got here early this afternoon and had an opportunity to go into town to the bookstores and shops. In one bookstore there was a young woman talking to a professor (it turns out she's just here for a visit) and saying she's now living in Chattanooga and wants to get into special education. I thought I was intended to be in this store at this time - as was she. Anyway- I gave her my card and we'll see.

As we walked over toward Boone Tavern, Mom commented that this would have been the 60th year since Dad graduated from Berea. It's also this day a year ago that Dad had the surgery. It is so hard to believe a year has passed.

I have managed the trip just fine. It's good to have the opportunity to see so much family all at one time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Berea, KY

No comments:

Post a Comment