Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I have been SO tired today. 

And here's the long

The weariness is really settling in!  Most of us apecial educators are running on thin energy this time of year.  My facebook teacher friends are all talking about having to drink afternoon coffee, being in so many meetings that they can't remember who said what to whom. and so looking forward to the end of it all.  I sure feel all of that as well.

Herceptin has gotten pretty routine.  My usual selection of chairs in the infusion room were all taken this afternoon.  It's usually not very busy at all at 3:15 on a Wednesday afternoon, but there were lots of people there this afternoon.  I did get a nice chair with a foot stool and settled in.  Lori does such a good stick.  I remembered to drink a bottle of water in the afternoon just before leaving work so my vein was all popped up good today.  (Back in the days of chemotherapy I couldn't have gotten a whole bottle of water down in 30 minutes if someone had offered me a wish!)  Then when Lori got me started, I felt sound asleep in the chair! 

When I got home  I was so tired that I did something I rarely do -  I laid down on my bed in my clothes and  took a nap. When I woke up and Sofie the dog was sleeping on the floor and Lola the cat was curled up in the crook of my legs.  We were all just dozing the evening away.

When Mom got home from church, she brought Hershey up for a visit with Sophie.  We sat on the front porch and watched the kids playing in the circle and the dogs playing on the front porch and in the yard.  They like one another, which is a really good thing since they'll get to spend time together when one or the other of us is out of town.

Alan spent some time working in the garden while I napped, and it's looking really nice.  I've got some late plantings to get out - so I'll hope to have enough energy to get that done really soon.

I'm going to really try hard to get to bed earlier than midnight or 1:00 o'clock tonight!  That may have to do with why I'm so tired --- I just can't get sleepy even though I'm tired.  I have an appointment with my primary care physician tomorrow.  That's one of the things I'm going to talk with her about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment