Monday, May 3, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Much flooding and devasation in West and Central Tennessee.  Record breaking rainfall.  

And here's the long.

Today I felt a bit stronger.   I don't go barefoot much these days, because of my feet - even in the house.  But I'm barefoot in the bathroom frequently because of showering.  Tonight when I walked across the tile floor, I could actually feel the tiles a little.  I'm still nowhere near normal, but I'm so delighted that I can tell I'm making progress.

We seem to have escaped the rains that wreaked havoc in Memphis and Nashville.   Some of our Nashville cousins have posted pictures that show just how awful the situation is there.  I heard that there was flooding in the lobby of Opryland Hotel.  After having been there just last week, I'm having such a hard time imagining all that space under water, and I can't imagine the economic impact of losing the guests and conventions who are booked for that venue.  I also heard a news story that a professor at Tennessee State who went to try and save some goats was surrounded by water and had to climb a haystack.  Apparently the President of the college took a flat bottomed boat and rescued him just in the nick of time.  There was no word about what may have happened to the goats. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the folks who have suffered so much damage and loss. 

Tomorrow I have a big project I want to get finished up.  I am going to be in the office for most of the day and just get focused and finish it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment