Thursday, May 13, 2010

So here's the short of it,
What a day!

And here's the long

What a day!  This morning I felt pretty bad and didn't make it to my first meeting.  I did make it to my second one which was pretty long.  Then I went to Bi-Lo to get cupcakes to share with our Thursday night meeting friends on my lunch break.  When I came back to the car it wouldn't start.  I haven't run out of gas in so many years! I called Alan and he came and delivered me some gas and was really sweet about it.  But the car still wouldn't start!!! It sounded like the battery.  So then we began the adventure of jumping off the car.  Alan drove his car around to the front of my car.   By this time I had decided that too much of a chunk of my day was gone, so I sent in a request for the rest of the day as a personal day.  We hadn't had to find the battery in the wagon before now so we opened the hood (I had to get the book out to find the hood latch).  There was NO Battery under the hood.  So back to the book.  The battery is in the back. Alan drives the car to the back -- The back of the wagon is full of my stuff!!!   So Alan helped me move the stuff around and we found the battery, but there was no way to get to it to perform a jump start.  SO....(the drama grows as Alan grows more frustrated with my junk in the trunk).  back to the book to see how to do a jump start.  You do it from the front even though the battery is in the back, so Alan pulled up to the side of the car.  We open the hood again (I had to look at the book again because my brain is so full of chemo holes that I couldn't even remember where the hood latch was!)  So we got the hood open and used the book to find the places to attach the jumper cables.  About this time a neighbor came by and helped finish hooking up the jump cables.   We got the car started and drove up the street and filled up the gas tank....and the car wouldn't start again.  Another jump start and we were off up the street to the car repair shop.  It's the alternator!  So I'm without a car.  What a day and still no cupcakes!!

And I'm still awfully tired.  We went to an early dinner with friends to celebrate Alan's upcoming birthday and then to our Thursday night meeting.  I'm headed to bed and eager for tomorrow to be done so I can get rested up.  

My right hand it really itchy.  It's the hand they use for my Herceptin infusions.  I wonder if it's related? 

No comments:

Post a Comment