Friday, May 14, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I have an itchy rash on my hand.
 
And here's the long

This morning I woke up with a rash on my right hand.  That's my infusion hand.  It was pretty red, itchy, and somewhat swollen.  I put some cortizone cream on it and then called Lori since it is Friday and the weekend is coming.  I wanted them to know that something was going on in case it got worse!  They had me come by.  Lori was so funny; she said that 5 people had called today and had something wrong with their hand.  We decided that we must be operating under the sign of the hand today.   Anyway she told me to put benedryl on it.  I did that as soon as I got home and it's feeling much less itchy. I have instructions to call if it gets any worse or I start having a fever.

Today I am really tired again.  I'm still thinking about our mandate to work 4 long days instead of 5 in June and July and at this point I'm pretty sure I don't really have the stamina to do that.  Next week I'll talk to my director about some kind of different plan.  Maybe I'll be ready to do that the last of July.

The weather is much warmer today.  Maybe summer is really on the way.  Liga and Valdis are both working over at the pool to help get it ready for the Memorial Day opening.  Liga is determined to work her full time job as well as this part time gig as a lifeguard.  She will sure be busy.  But I've worked two jobs before - when I was much younger and full of piss and vinegar. So I'm sure she'll be just fine. 

Next weekend is a travel weekend - we'll be going to Gaelyn's wedding in Berea.  So I'm going to try to relax and not overdo this weekend.  If I can get myself motivated, I'm going to work in the garden a bit though.

No comments:

Post a Comment