Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Sophie

So here's the short of it,
    Happy Birthday Sophie!

    I Can't Count!

And here's the long

 Today is Sophie's Birthday

Liga found the place Sophie has been getting out of the yard.  We left for lunch and then the doctor about 11:15, and when she got home about noon, Sophie was out.  She's been able to push the upper fence gate open from the inside, but then couldn't or wouldn't come back in that way.  So she just would come sit on the front porch and cry!  Liga fixed it up until we can get some time over the weekend to take a look at it.  


I can't count!  Today was Herceptin number 46.  I have to have 52 in all.  So I have 6 left.  WOW!

I had a good doctor visit today.  Dr. Schlabach is prescribing some physical therapy for my legs.  He thinks the muscle weakness in my quads could be from the Taxotere way back in chemotherapy, or from Herceptin, or from the Arimidex. He does think the muscle cramps are most likely caused by my Arimidex.   He's having me add Vitamin D and calcium supplements to my regimen to see if they help alleviate that difficulty.  

Dr. Schlabach shared some of the results of the 10 year studies of Herceptin that are beginning to come in.  91 - 92% of women using Herceptin have a 10 year survival rate.  The disease free survival rate at 10 years is in the 80 % (I think he said 83%).  So those are pretty great statistics.  

I also had full blown blood work today.  I'm no longer anemic, and I can really tell that, and all my other counts are looking good as well.  My PT rate is good, so I'm steady eddy on my coumadin dose for right now.  I'm eager to get off of that stuff!  I wonder if they will do another scan of the area that was occluded before they let me come off of it.  

I've been very tired today.  I'm not sure what that's all about, but I'm going to head to bed really soon now.  




No comments:

Post a Comment