Thursday, May 6, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
We live in such a changing world - and I am a beneficiary of some of those changes. 

And here's the long

Today I had a mid-day meeting at our central office; it ran a bit later than I expected.  By the time I was leaving Here and Now was playing on our local NPR station.  They were doing a story about the 10 most promising technologies and one of the stories was about Dual Action Anti-Bodies.  They specifically talked about Herceptin and the very promising research that's being done by Genentech in southern California.  I feel very lucky to be living at this time. 



Altogether they reviewed 10 Emerging Technologies for 2010.  The others were pretty fascinating as well - for me especially the one about building medical implants out of spider web like material. Knowing that we are building a world that some of us will hardly recognize from the world of our childhood made me think about my Grandmother VanSant who rode one of the last stage coaches that ran in Kentucky and watched one of the early space flights on TV in our house.  Her son was working on that space mission!  I can hardly imagine what the world will be like by the time I am in my 80's!

No comments:

Post a Comment