Saturday, July 31, 2010

So here's the short of it,

Today I had a nice shopping outing with Mom - that means that the garden is calling tomorrow!
And here's the long

I picked Mom up a little before lunchtime.  The first stop was going over to the Brainerd Rec Center to early vote.  I was glad to get that done so that I wouldn't have to think about it on Election Day.  I'll be so busy and don't want to have to stand in a line!  While we were there, I took Mom down and showed her the pool and we talked to several of the ladies who do the morning water fitness class.  She's thinking about doing that after she finishes this round of physical therapy.  She won't have to join anything and the classes are only $2 each time.  I hope that works out for her.

Mom had never been to Five Guys, and had heard us talking about it one day when several of us were debating where to find a good hamburger.  So we went to Five Guys and had a burger and fries.  Liga was over that way and stopped in to help us with our french fries on her way to work.  After that we headed over to the mall.  We both had a pretty productive shopping trip.  I was pleased to find a couple of tops and pants for school.  It was fun to spend the afternoon together.

This evening Alan and I went to Temple.  I was so glad to see so many people!  Rhonda Seeber was singing tonight, and the music was really lovely! 

I'm feeling some energy coming back that I've been missing for a long time.  Today, I even wanted to go through a pile of junk and get rid of some of it!  It's been awhile since I've had the desire to do any of that kind of stuff at all!

I'm hoping that I get a good night's sleep.  I need to spend a couple of hours in the garden for sure - I think Mia's going to come by to share in the tomato harvest.  It looks like there will be lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment