Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Michael, Myra's oldest son, is here for a visit.

And here's the long

Michael arrived this evening and after a quick stop at the house we went to Parkwood for a nice long visit with Mommy Anne.  

She was so delighted to see him and was in really good spirits the whole visit.  Michael was so sweet with her and engaged her in conversation for much of the time.  It was such a joy to see them interact.

Her doctor said that she has to leave her cast on for two more weeks.  Darn.  She can't manage her walker with the cast. 

Tomorrow we are looking forward to taking her to lunch at Elmcroft.  She says she's been at Parkwood so long that she hardly knows where she lives. 

I worked today for a bit.  We had a couple of interviews to do and so I went in for the afternoon.  I was making some copies and one of my colleagues came in for a chat.  I said something about not working until July 19th...she looked all around the room and said in a sing-songy voice..."Oh right, I can't seeee you."  I just cracked up! 

One of our secretaries and I were talking about how I'm occupying myself now that I've got some time off in the summer and I started talking about my garden full of tomatoes.  As I was sharing with her how it feels to get out in the morning before it gets hot and go to work on the weeds with a hoe, or sit down in the dirt and pull the weeds away from the plants, I realized just how restorative it's been for me to have the garden this summer.  I had a tomato and bean salad for lunch today and had three varieties of tomatoes in it.  How lovely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment