Thursday, July 8, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Getting ready for Liga to move.

And here's the long

We had some excitement on the circle this evening.  The dogs and I were out walking with a neighbor it was almost dark and another neighbor came out and said that there was something in her chimney.  We rounded up flashlights and set about trying to figure it out.  Three women.  It turned out to be a bird who had gotten in the chimney and couldn't get back out.  We got a temporary damper out and saw the bird.  But we couldn't get it into our nets.  The two little girls who live there were all engaged in the excitement.  In the end, our neighbor the vet came over and helped.  He taped the net to a long handle on a swiffer and got it far enough up the chimney to capture it.  It flew around the living room a bit, but he captured it and released it.  The poor little bird flew directly to a tree!  I know he was glad not to be in that chimney any more!

-----------------

Liga is moving to an apartment tomorrow.  She's been looking forward to this day for a long time, and she's really excited.  I'm excited for her.  I remember telling someone a long time ago that if  Liga and Valdis get their 18 years at  home, they'll only be 24 and 23 years old.  She's 22 1/2 - she's had 16 years - and she's ready to fledge.

She's spent the last couple of months getting things together for her move.  She's shopped very judiciously.  Alan took her to Sam's to get a few bulk items and he was very impressed with her shopping. She and I have also been getting ready emotionally.  She's there. I really am too, but I'll sure miss having her around, especially in the evening.  As it is, she get home a little after 9 usually from her work shift and she's become my television buddy.  She was such a support to me last year when I was sick.  She often slept on the sofa near me when Alan had to be out of the house and she was here.  I also don't think I'd have gotten Sophie housebroken nearly as quickly if she hadn't taken over the chore of taking her out when she would get home in the evening.  She's really bonded with Sophie and keeps telling me that she's going to take Sophie with her.  Tomorrow will be a day for her to remember. 

Michael is still here and is going to help her some tomorrow morning.  It will be really special to her for him to help some. Valdis has also said that he would help.  We've borrowed Dad's truck and are sitting on ready.  Tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures of her apartment.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow in the early afternoon.  I hope we can get everything moved before it starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment