Monday, July 26, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Long weekends are so nice. 

And here's the long

I really like these three day weekends!  It's too bad that they are coming to an end.

I got in some gardening time; was available to be with Mommy Anne when she needed someone to be there; and made a great birthday dinner for Mia tonight.  And I still had time to do most of my chores.  I didn't have time to do any of the extras on my humongous to do list.  Oh well, that stuff will all be here whenever I do have some time to tackle it. 

We enjoyed having Mia for dinner tonight.  Mom and Liga joined us.  I told Mia that I was glad she had a birthday - it probably saved Alan and me from having a bowl of Rice Crispies for dinner! 

In addition to Mom and Liga, we had Hershey and Dexter this evening.  Hershey is calming down some.  She loves to play with Sophie - the biggest issue that we have when Hershey comes to visit she gets so excited to see Sophie that she pees on the floor!  We haven't figured that out.  Mom suggested tonight that we keep Hershey out in the back yard and let Sophie come out there until she gets over her excitement.  We'll sure have to try that next time.   Dexter is just the tiniest little fellow and Sophie really likes him.  She wants to nudge him around and get him to go somewhere - I'm not really sure where she wants him to go.  It's a funny kind of thing - I've always heard people talking about trying to herd cats.  Here Sophie is her herding instinct going full blast trying to herd a tiny baby kitten. 

Tomorrow is back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment