Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So here's the short of it,
So Knox County has one more certified substitute!

And here's the long

Last night and this morning Joyce was here at Mom's and she and I worked on her substitute certification.  Knox County has instituted a new process requiring substitute teachers to be trained in several areas that have been identified as important to successful substitute teachers.  She ordered the training book last week and then came down and completed the online test.  The Knox County folks told her to find someone to coach her and sit with her when she took the test.  I was honored to be asked!

There was a huge emphasis on classroom management.  I've never been a substitute, but I always thought that classroom management was the most important. Anyway, I sure enjoyed spending some time with Joyce.  Sophie went with me and she spent some time with Hershey.  This morning they were a case!  Mom left and went to work in the church library for a couple of hours, and three times Sophie and Hershey got out of the back yard!  When they get out at my house, they generally stay around on the circle, but Mom's much closer to a busy road!  They are smart little pups! 

Congratulations Joyce on your sub certificate!  It was no easy task!

No comments:

Post a Comment