Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
yucky.....

And here's the long

One of the difficult side effects of Chemotherapy for me was the unrelenting diarrhea that it caused.  It seems that all my life, I was likely to have diarrhea if I got sick.  Maybe the Chemo just brings out  the vulnerabilities in folks.  For example, I didn't lose my fingernails or toenails like so many people do.  But here's the thing.  The diarrhea just keeps on.  I can't put my finger on any causative thing at this point - and it isn't all the time like during treatment, but I do have times, and today was one of those times.  Since Herceptin can cause it as a side effect, I thought it was just that, but it's been awhile since my last Herceptin and I still have days like this! 

I certainly don't mean to be complaining.  It I come out of this with just a few minor difficulties, as a trade off for being cancer free, that will be just fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment