Thursday, July 22, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Tonight we celebrated Uncle Arvin's birthday. 

And here's the long

Alan's Uncle Arvin had a birthday today.  His son Arthur, who lives in Chicago flew in to surprise him and we took Mommy Anne for dinner.  Aunt Miriam came as well with Doc and Sherry.  Here's a picture of the three siblings!    That's Mommy Anne seated and Aunt Miriam standing with Uncle Arvin.  Mommy Anne is the big sister! 

We have Dexter again tonight.  When he heard us come in this evening from dinner, he started squalling.  I guess he was pretty hungry.  When I fed him, he attacked it and made all kinds of noises while he ate! Mom got home this afternoon so we took Hershey back home.  Right now Dexter (teeny, tiny little kitty boy) is exploring the den and Sophie (big 85 pound puppy girl) is watching and keeping an eye on him.  She's being so sweet.  Lola on the other hand took one look at Dexter back in "her" den, hissed a couple of times and then left the room.  She's quite upset with me for having a kitten in the house. 

I'm really pretty tired tonight.  These long days in a 4 day work week really wear me down.  I've got the alarm turned off and plan to sleep til I wake tomorrow!  Every day as I've gone past the garden to get in the car for work, I've wished that I could be in the garden.  Well, tomorrow morning, you'll find me with a hoe and a basket in the garden. I'm going to make short work of those weeds that are trying to take hold and harvest a bunch of tomatoes.  They are SO good this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment