Saturday, July 31, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I just love these 3 day weekends.  I think I could get used to a life like that! 

And here's the long

Today felt so luxurious.  The second day of a three day weekend is just amazing.  I spent a couple of hours in the garden this morning.  My Purple Cherokee didn't make it.  I don't know what killed it, but I will grow that delicious variety again next year for sure!  The black cherry is still coming on strong and they are really good as well.  Mia stopped by for a quick visit and to pick up a few tomatoes.  It's good to have someone to share with!

Early afternoon I took a nice little nap.  I don't often get that opportunity so it was pretty lovely.  One of my very clear memories of Grandma VanSant, is that after the dishes were done at lunchtime (which she called dinner) she would go and lie down on the sofa and take an afternoon nap.  I think I should do that on a regular basis when I can.  I think I told Mom one time that when I retire I'm going to use Grandma as my role model after I retire, and take a regular afternoon nap! 

I did laundry the rest of the afternoon - I've got all my clothes clean and pressed and ready to go for school!  I'm glad for that..

This evening Mom came up for dinner.  We bought Kiwanis BBQ and had it here and ready to go at dinner time.  The president of the Kiwanis Club called Mom a few weeks ago to ask her permission to honor Dad with having the BBQ this year in his honor (as well as another gentleman).  It was nice for us to be able to share the time together.  Hershey came with Mom and she and Sophie played and played and played!!!

I'm so grateful to have another day before getting back to the five day work week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment