Thursday, July 29, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I'm starting to look forward to a really good school year. 

And here's the long

Today was the last day of work until the doors open for teachers to report on Monday.  Am I really ready? Not quite!  I'll have Monday and Tuesday to pull together a few loose ends.  So I'll need to be really focused.  Tomorrow I'm taking my last Friday off and going to spend some time with my Mom.  I'm looking forward to that. 

I'm kitten sitting with Dexter again tonight.  He's putting on some weight so I can no longer feel his little ribs sticking out.  Liga is fattening him up pretty nicely!  Sophie is really fascinated with him and she is being very good with him.  She wants to make him go where she wants him to be -- she noses him around but keeps her big mouth shut!  Tonight Liga stopped by on her way to Mommy Anne's and we took Sophie and Dexter out back.  They did fine together but Dexter quickly made his way under something.  Right now he's hiding somewhere in the den  - I don't see him or hear him. 

I'm really looking forward to a great school year.  We've got an initiative going in our inner city schools that I'm pretty excited about - more importantly, I'm so glad that I'm starting the year able to get up and go to work every day and have the stamina to stay all day and be in the buildings with teachers and students! 
It's going to be a good year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment