Sunday, April 17, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Another weekend is drawing to an end. 

And here's the long.

It's been a restorative weekend - although I wouldn't really call it restful! I'm hoping that this week will be a bit better than last. There's much to be done as the year comes to a close! I think that the trip to Crabtree to get a few plants really lifted my spirits.  The tomatoes and eggplant are currently resting in the little greenhouse; I hope I can get them in the ground before next weekend.  I sure was excited to find the varieties I was looking for! And my little starts are coming along as well.

Marjoram
I did a little bit of work in the herb garden today and got all the herbs we got on Saturday in the ground. I'm going to have enough sage and lemon thyme from last year to share with Mom. If any readers would like a start, just let me know! I've been using the lemon thyme with chicken and everyone seems to like it.  My Rosemary bush just kept right on growing through the winter. I added a Marjoram that I picked up at Crabtree yesterday. I hope it does as well as the rosemary. I've not used Marjoram very much for cooking, but I hear that once you use it fresh, you'll never be without it. I'm eager to try it. I've got it anchoring the left side of the herb garden, and the rosemary anchoring the left. 
According to the Pantry Garden Herbs website ‘Marjoram’ means ‘joy of the mountain’ for it grows wild on the sides of the hills in Greece. Associated with marriage in ancient Greece, Marjoram was a symbol of happiness. So here's to a happy summer and lots of good cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment