Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Great conference day today!

And here's the long.

I went to great sessions today. The first one was by the fellow who was our Keynote speaker last night, Alan November. His presentation was more detail about using technology in education. I can see how many of the things he talked about fit right into the HCDE Gifted Connections we are going to be working on this summer. It was really exciting. I wish we could bring him to Chattanooga for teachers!

Lots of other great sessions as well. I was especially taken with Rudy Bentz, a teacher in the Santa Fe Indian School. His presentation was on the Identity Construction of the Native Learner. I was fascinated and took lots of gems from it even though we have so few Native American students in our schools.

And of course we caught up with our Dallas buddies. It was great to talk education with them - and of course family talk too. They brought along 2 more colleagues - what a great connection, both personal and professional, this is for us. I'm looking forward to sharing another conference day with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment