Saturday, April 16, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Up early today!


And here's the long.

Today has been really busy! It's probably a good thing I'm almost ready for bed.

I'm the proud owner of a new coffee pot!

On Friday morning, when I got up there was a mess of coffee all over the place. The way it works in our house, is that I set up the coffee pot before I go to bed at night. Then in the morning when Alan gets up (always before me!) he turns it on and there's hot coffee ready by the time I crawl out of the bed. This was the 3rd time that something went wrong and the coffee ended up on the counter, in the drawers, and all over the floor.  So I determined that I was going to start looking for a pot. This morning, Belk was having its charity sale, and Mom had given me a PEO ticket, so off I went at about 7:00 AM on a Saturday morning!  There was just the pot.  So that was a good start to the morning.  And it will turn on automatically if we want it to. But I think Alan likes getting up and getting it started - so we'll see about that automatic thing.

Then this afternoon right after lunch we went to the Crabtree Farms plant sale.  It was quite chilly! But we rounded up a couple of blueberry plants to go with the two we got last year. We also found Cherokee Purple Tomatoes, Black Cherry tomatoes, and Green Zebra tomatoes, as well as some heirloom seeds.  I'm glad for the little greenhouse!

The large field at the bottom left of the pic is where the community gardens used to be. That's where Dad had the Master Gardener's Demonstration garden.  Today it looked like they had peas planted there - I thought the spot where Dad's little garden was looked like the peas were growing a little more densely that other spots in the new pea field. 

Tomorrow is going to be a sleep in day!

No comments:

Post a Comment