Sunday, April 10, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I'm glad for a good weekend. 

And here's the long.

Summer is trying to edge spring out of the way here in Chattanooga!  Friday night, Alan's car showed 92 degrees outside.  Yesterday and today in the afternoon, it was pretty warm.  I really do want to have a spring! I don't want to go so quickly into the hot days of the Chattanooga summertime.

But this evening was absolutely delightful. We enjoyed the kids and Mom here for dinner tonight. Pasta - a meat version and a vegetarian version. It was pretty good!  But the company was just delightful. After our company left, Alan and I sat on the porch for awhile. It was just perfect front porch weather. While we sat on the porch, Sophie just lolled around in the front yard.  She and I went for our walk around the circle a bit later, but while we were sitting on the porch she was very content to just hang around close by.  I have to smile when I think about our previous two wonderful dogs.  Hank and Suni would have been gone, and I mean really gone, completely out of the circle, and maybe the neighborhood if they had been allowed to be out front off leash! 

Tomorrow it's back to the work grind. This is not a happy time at work, but there is still work to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment